Index - FAQ - Rechercher - Membres - Groupes - S’enregistrer - Messages Privés - Connexion
the mix before the Raiders were scared off becaus

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    generation mazagane Index du Forum -> maza-forume -> faire conaissance
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
miaowang123

MessagePosté le: Ven 5 Oct - 01:58 (2018)    Sujet du message: the mix before the Raiders were scared off becaus Répondre en citant

MONTREAL -- There havent been many occasions in Eric Deslaurierss seven seasons with the Montreal Alouettes when hes been the centre of media attention. One was in July 2011 when he was on the receiving end of Anthony Calvillos CFL-record 395th career TD pass -- a catch at the back of the end zone that needed a video review to confirm he stayed in bounds. Another came last week when Deslauriers hauled in a dramatic 57-yard desperation toss from rookie Tanner Marsh with a second remaining against the B.C. Lions. The catch set up Sean Whytes 15-yard field goal on the final play for a stunning 39-38 victory. "Its definitely my biggest catch and biggest game of my career," the 32-year-old Deslauriers said Tuesday. It capped a night in which he set career highs in catches (four) and receiving yards (101). On Tuesday, the native of Gatineau, Que. , was named the CFLs Canadian player of the week. Deslauriers doesnt get many chances to shine. When he gets in a game its usually as the wide-side receiver, a spot quarterbacks shun because it means throwing all the way across the field. But with a rash of injuries Deslauriers was playing closer to the middle in the spot usually held by Jamel Richardson, one of Calvillos favourite targets. And with Calvillo out with a concussion, Montreal had to use its backup quarterbacks -- the ones Deslauriers works most with in practice. Josh Neiswander started before being replaced by Marsh in the first half. "Me and Marsh play a lot of practice roster, so we know each other pretty well," said Deslauriers. "Weve been a good hook-up since camp." Or, as coach Jim Popp put it: "A backup is not going to be afraid to throw it to the starters and hell be even less afraid to throw it to the guys he warms up with all the time." Calvillo remains a question mark for the Alouettes game Tuesday in Toronto. Popp said if the 41-year-old doesnt resume practising by Friday, he will likely sit out a second straight week. If Calvillo doesnt play, Marsh will almost certainly make his first CFL start. The 23-year-old Texan has been the talk of the town since coming off the bench to pull out the win over B.C. He completed only 14-of-32 passes with four interceptions and also fumbled twice. But he also ran nine times for 71 yards and finished with 329 passing yards, averaging 23.5 yards per completion. Veteran Arland Bruce had seven catches for 167 yards. "He really took it on his shoulders and got the job done," Deslauriers said of Marsh. "I know it wasnt pretty. "I know you cant win on Hail Marys every freaking game, but it feels great. We really needed that. And hopefully it can get a fire going underneath us for the rest of the season." The pass that stood out was the last-gasp toss to Deslauriers that helped Montreal (3-5) win for only the second time in a six-game span. "I knew I was getting the ball on that play," said Deslauriers. "The O-line was good enough to protect for about 25 seconds and Marsh threw it up about 80 yards. "I turned into a photographer. I was just looking at it. It was such a pretty ball." Marsh was looking for Deslauriers. "We moved everyone to the boundary," said Marsh. "We crossed them up. "He was one-on-one and I threw it. He made an amazing catch. Hes a freak of an athlete. If hes one-on-one, Im throwing to him all the time. Hes got that deceptive speed. Hes got those lanky legs and the next thing you know hes passing people." Popp thought he had a 1,000-yard receiver when he drafted Deslauriers seventh overall in 2006 from Eastern Michigan University. But after a promising rookie campaign, Deslauriers has been mainly a second-tier player. Deslauriers has had injury troubles and then there always seems to be another player ahead of him on the depth chart. Over seven seasons, he has only 71 catches for 1,015 yards and three touchdowns. He doesnt expect that one big game and one huge catch to suddenly make him a featured receiver, however. "Im 32 and Im feeling 25 and hopefully I can produce a little more, but the reality is that, as a professional, you have to learn to play your role," he said. "I cant get too high or too low. "Thats just the reality of playing the professional game." The Alouettes are on a 12-day break between games, followed by consecutive meetings with the first-place Argonauts in a five-day span. Walt Weiss Jersey . Mauer drove in two runs before leaving with an injury, Eduardo Nunez homered and the Minnesota Twins beat the Kansas City Royals 10-2 on Tuesday night. Tony Phillips Jersey .Y. - DeMarre Carroll felt as though he couldnt miss in the second quarter as he outscored the Brooklyn Nets 14-13 all by himself. http://www.athleticsrookiestore.com/Athletics-Rollie-Fingers-Kids-Jersey/ . Louis Blues were workmanlike, methodical and -- most of all -- effective on Monday night. Reggie Jackson Jersey . Just ask Arsenal fans. However, Arsene Wenger has repeatedly told anyone willing to listen that finishing in that spot is more important than winning a cup competition. Sean Manaea Jersey . INJURIES - Cardinals 1B Matt Adams has been put on the DL with calf tightness, resulting in some lineup shifting, with Allen Craig moving from right field to first base, so that the Cardinals could bring up top prospect Oscar Taveras, who was the No. ALAMEDA, Calif. -- The Oakland Raiders got some good news in free agency Thursday, one day after voiding top target Rodger Saffolds contract because of a bad shoulder. The Raiders signed defensive end Justin Tuck and linebacker LaMarr Woodley to two-year deals in an effort to bolster their pass rush. ESPN reported that Tuck will be paid $11 million and Woodleys deal is worth up to $12 million. The two pass rushers have combined for 117.5 career sacks, reached double figures in a season seven times and have won three Super Bowl titles in their careers. Tuck joins the Raiders following nine seasons with the New York Giants during which he helped the team win two Super Bowl titles. Tuck has made two Pro Bowls and has 60.5 career sacks, 20 forced fumbles and six fumble recoveries in 127 career games with New York. "Last week, I absolutely did not see it coming," Tuck said. "It wasnt necessarily on my radar at that point in time, but everything accelerated pretty quickly, and Im excited. I really am. I like the direction that this team is talking about going in, and I just want to be a part of it." Woodley, 29, had 57 sacks in seven seasons in Pittsburgh and helped the Steelers win it all following the 2008 season. Woodley struggled with injuries the past three seasons but was still an effective rusher when healthy. He ended last season on injured reserve with a calf injury and the Steelers released him because of his high salary. After averaging 11 sacks per season from 2008-11, Woodley has only nine sacks in 24 games the past two years. He did have eight quarterback hits and 24 hurries and was one of the most efficient pass rushers last season, according to Pro Football Focus. Woodley played linebacker in Pittsburghs 3-4 defence but is also able to play defensive end in Oaklands four-man front. The Raiders need help on their pass rush after losing last years leading sacker and most consistent defender, LaMarr Houston, to Chicago in free agency. The other three starting defensive linemen -- Pat Sims, Vance Walker and Jason Hunter -- are also free agents. Tuck, who turns 31 this month, was rated as the ninth best pass rushing defensive eend by Pro Football Focus last season when he had 11 sacks, 12 quarterback hits and 44 hurries.dddddddddddd Oakland has not had a player reach double figures in sacks since Derrick Burgess and Warren Sapp both did it in 2006. "Everyone talks about once you turn 30, its all downhill," Tuck said. "I dont believe in that. I dont look at myself in that regard. I feel like I have a lot of great football left in me." The Raiders have now made three free-agent additions this week, having previously signed right tackle Austin Howard to a five-year, $30 million deal. Running back Darren McFadden also agreed to re-sign with the Raiders on a one-year deal worth up to $4 million. Saffold was expected to be in the mix before the Raiders were scared off because of a shoulder injury and voided the five-year, $42.5 million contract that included $21.5 million in guarantees. Howard and Saffold were supposed to help anchor a rebuilt offensive line but now Oakland still needs to look for a left tackle to replace the departed Jared Veldheer. "We were excited about maybe getting the chance to play together," Howard said. "But thats the way this business works. Hes a tremendous guy, a tremendous athlete. I believe he really would have fit in well here and we would have been really excited to play together. Thats how it goes. Its very unfortunate." Oakland was burned last off-season by the acquisition of two players with existing injuries. Quarterback Matt Flynn was acquired despite a shoulder injury and he lacked arm strength before being released early in the season. Oakland used a first-round pick on cornerback D.J. Hayden, who had a near-fatal heart injury in college. Hayden missed the entire off-season and was limited in training camp because of the injury and struggled his rookie year before a sports hernia injury sidelined him for the season in November. The Raiders could fill the left tackle void with last years second-round pick, Menelik Watson, who played sparingly as a rookie because of injuries, a draft pick or with a second-tier free agent after most of the top available left tackles have signed elsewhere. Cheap Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Orioles Jerseys Cheap Mets Jerseys Cheap Phillies Jerseys Cheap Nationals Jerseys Cheap Cubs Jerseys Cheap Reds Jerseys Cheap Brewers Jerseys Cheap Pirates Jerseys Cheap Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Rockies Jerseys Cheap Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Padres Jerseys Cheap Giants Jerseys ' ' '

AIM
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Ven 5 Oct - 01:58 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    generation mazagane Index du Forum -> maza-forume -> faire conaissance Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Portail | Index | créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation